Saturday, April 24, 2010

Final Avoidance

I should probably preface this with an apology for the lack of outfit posts.
Finals = me pretty much wearing the same hoodie and shorts for days hibernating in my apartment with flash cards and Diet Pepsi.

So I meet finals and obligations in a very different way then Steph does, her way is definitely more exciting! I have the tendency to internet shop, read even more blogs than usual, plan trips, and get caught up in James Bond and Disney movies.

Today however I decided to go on Net-A-Porter which I NEVER do because seeing pretty things that I can't afford usually depresses me. This is what I found!

Amazing prints! Its not a secret from my last post that I am in love with Versace, but how fabulous is the yellow dress? Come on. Its amazing. I love these pieces because: A. Some of them are actually affordable! and B. They have the perfect amount of simplicity mixed with spunk. Although the prints are bold the silhouettes are clean and would not overwhelm the individual. Whereas the pieces below... yikes.



I'm sorry, I would love to love these pieces but I just cannot tell a lie. Lets start with the top row: Why do designers still think that handkerchief hemlines are still okay? This is not the 90's nor is life a pre-teen dance. There is no excuse to wear these, ever! I'm not even going to start about the bedazzled halter neckline or the sequined mini with the same print my bikini in 8th grade had.

Oh line two.. I WANT to like Halston, especially lately since the brand has taken Sarah Jessica on as a creative lead, but this playsuit makes me want to vomit. I think had the neckline been lower without the sleeves I could swing it, but no. No, no, no. The Melissa Odabash is meant for Cleopatra (Although it is called "Hermione")
while the Pucci desperately wanted to be someones drapes in the 70's. It has tassels instead of sleeves!

So basically I have learned not to trust Net-A-Porter, because there is far more heinous on that site then there is pretty. I'll stick with my printless clothing and just admire Sass & Bide and Versace from afar. And I should do my work..

Let my study party commence.
Love, Coll

No comments:

Post a Comment