Sunday, May 16, 2010

Word on the Street

So I realize lately I have been speaking more about the Industry and the past rather than the present! As I sat down today to read the newest issues of Marie Claire (the US and the UK editions) I realized I was rocking some pretty heavy bling - of which I actually have no photos but am bound to do again!
Anyways, this led me to a small blurb in the US edition which encouraged readers to "In a word, accessorize!" and to "Pile on spiky jewelery". This made me wonder about the saying that the accessories really make an outfit. Is this really true? There are amazing statement clothing that really don't require jewelery at all - so what makes an outfit NEED accessories and what doesn't? Actually, for that matter what defines too little accessories and when does it translate into being too much? Certainly accessories help illustrate the tone or attitude behind an outfit, but do you really need to accessorize everything you wear?

Long story short, heres the update!


Derek Blasberg's book! Hilarious - a go to guide for appropriate etiquette for any situation which is also filled with fun photos, illustrations, and diagrams of how NOT to be a tramp.
Below are some new shoe purchases which I forgot to share with the blog. The shoes ranged from $20 (super steal!) to $90 (breaking my bank), but all in all I think they were some great purchases. Since they fit perfectly into my accessories post, I'm glad I held off on posting them until now!


The Cynthia Vincent for Target wedges. I totally got the last pair and I can vouch that they are amazingly comfortable!



While sorting through bags of my old things I stumbled upon some of my grandmother's costume jewelery! The necklace photographed below has a double chain with an incredibly long length hanging below my chest in my rib cage area. There is a photo of it in its entirety ending this post.

A watch necklace. These came back in style a few years back with F21 creating multiple versions of it. I added a new silver chain to this necklace because I was worried about the ability of the old chain to last so I thought a bit of extra security was necessary.


Costume rhinestone bracelet! I LOVE sparkle! I just wish that I had somewhere to wear this.


So what makes the outfit? Great accessories or great clothes? Due to my lack of accessories and abundance of clothing, I'm going to go with the clothes.

I also bought a journal today! I was getting really sick of having to write everything down on receipts or random pieces of paper found in my purse. Hopefully this will help me become more organized and remember things for the blog better.
So far my two notes are: Why are there still fashion spreads that don't acknowledge the model? The industry has come a long way with giving models credit but some magazines are still lacking - looking at you Marie Claire UK Edition. And also Evangeline Lilly's Cannes dress was breathtaking you can check it out here!

Thats it for now,
Coll!

No comments:

Post a Comment