Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Crashing and Burning

Dear Steph,
Wherever you are in the world right now, I miss you too!!

Image from Garancedore.fr
This is not mine. This is the fabulous Garance Dore's sketch from I don't remember when. It became my phone background for a whopping 20 minutes before my beloved Blackberry took a dive down an escalator. Surprisingly the Blackberry World Edition bounces - go figure! It still broke into about a thousand pieces but those pieces bounced. This sketch would help remind me to take some damn pictures... if I wasn't now stuck with an awful icky Blackberry Tour.
Too high tech now.
Anyways, I thought I would photograph my outfits from last week. I went to Gabriel Brothers and bought a few tank tops for $2 each.

Tank by BDG via Gabes
Lace bandeau bra from Urban
Jeans from Forever


These two tanks are amazing in that they have super low arm holes which look great with a bra peeking out.


Skirt from Urban and a
vintage watch necklace that belonged to my grandmother.

Today however, something odd happened. I went shopping in between classes with a friend and didn't buy any clothing! But I returned home with a stack of new exciting magazines to keep me busy.


Flaunt Magazine. While I've never read it before the super secret plastic wrapped cover enticed me and I HAD to buy it. Turns out it has fake handles. I don't really know where to go with it from there but if I find out why it has these handles I'll fill this in.


ON THE NOTE OF THINGS WITH HANDLES, this bag has none. But it was $3 at a Goodwill and looks like a pretty fly clutch so I couldn't pass it up.

Since it was Midterms this week and I have already stated that in order to avoid schoolwork I rip magazines up and play cut and paste. So this past weekend I found some old ads from an issue of V Magazine and framed half of the double page Burberry, Chole, and Sisley ads. I also dug out some of my black and white photos from London and Paris to put with the new frames.


Love Coll

1 comment:

  1. I cant wait to get home and go shopping with you again! even though I will be dead broke, but still, Goodwill awaits! Love the new posts, cant wait to get home and get back to it! loveee you!

    (p.s. I am in Naples and heading to Rome tomorrow)

    ReplyDelete