Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Met Gala!

I've fallen off the face of the earth horribly, and for that I must apologize. My cell phone died days ago, I haven't checked my email in who knows how long, I've just been baking in the suburbs for the past week-ish.

Anyways! The Met Gala was last night! I spent the morning scouring my usual sites to see who had more pictures in their gallery. These were four stand out looks that I adored, however they weren't all as lovely. I sat at my computer for quite a while going "Oh, Michael that dress makes her look awful!" and "Sasha why the socks?!" p.s. why was she with Lennon and Kemp-Muhl? Whatever, there was quite a few travesties thats all I am trying to say.

Hilary Rhoda, my personal breath of fresh air. I love this girl, she has openly said she wouldn't change her body type to fit the industry and I think she is fabulous. Her Prabal Gurung dress is nice, not anything revolutionary, but she still looks great - and for that she makes my list.



All I want to say is SJP is GLOWING in her Halston Heritage gown. I thought that her amazing glow was photoshopped on the Sex and the City 2 posters, but maybe not! Amazing.. just amazing.


I don't care about this model nor do I feel the need to comment on her scuba gear/ tuxedo hybrid. What I want to talk about is how stellar Rachael Roy looks! Not surprising because she always looks amazing, but this woman looks like Cleopatra! It seemed everyone was absolutely radiant at last nights event.
Her dress however was certainly channeling that nude feathered strapless dress with a green waist ribbon that was in seemingly every editorial- which the designer of has just slipped my mind and failed my google search engine. Argh, this is going to bother me all day.

On to my favorite look! Ah Chanel Iman and the Golden Jumpsuit. I felt like that was all necessarily capitalized because it should be a book or a series of something.
(Michael Kors also sent Brooke Shields down the red carpet in a golden dress, however, it was not nearly flattering on her and definitely drew attention in all the wrong places. Which actually has me upset Mr. Project Runway "you need to fit your designs to a real woman's body" uh huh.. right.)
I want this jumpsuit! I'd roll up the sleeves and pants a little bit and disco into the sunset. My itty bitty slightest concern is that Chanel looks miserable! Girl should be happy as a clam right now, Jordan Dunn is working less, she is a new VSAngel, she's bigger than ever!
Why so glum in such a fierce outfit?

Thats my Met Recap - Coll

No comments:

Post a Comment