Thursday, May 13, 2010

Home Again!

I know Steph already posted a few pictures of New York, but I figured I would as well! As soon as our bus arrived we looked at each other and said "We're home!" As soon as I arrive in the city I always feel like such a weight has been lifted off me and I can breathe again.


Waiting for Steph's bus to arrive. We sat on the epic steps of the Post Office on 31st and 8th behind Madison Square Gardens. Rocking our super steal of street vendor scarves..

Central Park

Steph's outfit picture taken in the New York Library's bathroom. We dug the reflection, I only wish that there was better lighting.


THE AMERICAN WOMAN FASHION EXHIBIT AT THE MET!

My goal in packing for NYC was to look pretty grungy and be extremely comfortable. I am soo glad that I packed this thermal from the little boy's section of Kohl's and my denim vest. It wound up to be pretty chilly so I could have done with a serious jacket, but the flannel worked alright..
I've only been back four days and I already feel claustrophobic again in Pittsburgh due to my obligations. I thought that life would be less hectic during the summer, despite still taking classes and working, however I feel that my life is just as frenzied before. I need another vacation already!
I'll definitely be taking the Megabus again soon.

P.S. Crystal Renn walked for the Chanel Resort show. I think it's lovely but lets not pretend that this is anything more than a publicity stunt. To be 100% honest Lagerfeld has always had a specific vision for Chanel which is usually waif-ish and certainly not Crystal's size. Actually after Garance Dore's comments about plus sized models and the controversies regarding them, the brand's decision to focus on the plus sized model of the moment kind of disgusted me.
I don't approve of this publicity stunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment