Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Wait Is Almost Over

What is the wait one might ask? Come Saturday my summer will officially begin! I can feel it.. in the distance. I can almost see it actually.
Its calling my name with fruity drinks and light reading and shall last all of 28 days.


Oh, and what else will I be doing other than lounging in coffee shops and enjoying my freedom? Yeah, I have those grand DIY plans that I have been talking about. This past weekend I made a fringed scarf and a chain necklace consisting of three different colors of metal.

The above cardigan is from a blog called Phosphene and consists of many little leather disks. I have modified this plan a bit..

I really want to take these leather disks and sew them onto a black blazer as a new take on the strong shoulder trend seen the past few seasons. I think this could really turn into a nice, time consuming project! In full disclosure someone could have certainly done this before to a blazer, I haven't seen one yet so I'm just taking this on - but not to create a replica of any other work that I know of.

And the wait is almost also over for Fall! I just love the cooler temperatures. All I have been able to draw lately is blazers, sweaters, leather jackets, jeans, and boots. If I had air conditioning I would be blasting it to wear my fall clothes during the summer. As you can see I have included some horribly drawn spikes on my motorcycle boots - I'll also be taking on that project after this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment