Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Surfin' Safari


I went and braved the mall crowds to hit the sales this weekend and bought these lovely shoes! They turned out to be something like 65% off with an extra 20% off that so I couldn't really resist the price. I've been hunting for a new pair of black sandals for a while and while these are a little flashy, I think they still do the trick! Especially since while I was walking home last night some woman slowed down in traffic to stick her head out and yell "I love your shoes!". Yep, it was a good day.

Also I justified them by saying that I will wear them ALL THE TIME (and on a safari) when I study abroad, which will hopefully be this January! Fingers crossed because I really want to go to Africa.
Okay, the shoes aren't actually that flattering on me which my mother was quick to point out. But I don't care! Am I not going to buy something that I absolutely love just because I don't look like a twig in it? No. I am not a twig and I'm not trying to hide it! Although I am convinced that this outfit did look better in person than in the photograph.

And because I feel like I just have to throw this out there as a note - I didn't really pack appropriately to go home for the holiday hence the lovely black bra straps.

2 comments:

  1. those shoes are so fantastic! what a great deal on them. i love sales...they're my shopping weakness :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! I hear you about sales, I hardly ever check out anything that is full priced!

    ReplyDelete