Saturday, July 10, 2010

Studded Glory

I woke up today to find the August issue of InStyle in my mailbox and boy was it a good one! As I went through the issue I was flagging things down left and right that I either NEEEEED desperately, wanted to scan and post on the blog, or was planning gifts to purchase for friends. This was a definite step up because this months Lucky and Elle really disappointed me I think maybe the styles those magazines focus on is changing.
Kate Lanphear should just have her own personal magazine and I would be set. She is all the style inspiration I need.

ANYWAYS, I have searched high and low for a photo of the Ash leather boots that have since stolen my heart and soon to be my money as well. The only conclusion I can come to is that maybe they wont come online until August? They are BEAUTIFUL with a leather and rubber construction, knee high, super sleek, and equestrian almost but they have gunmetal colored spikes on the knees! So Freaking Cool. Here are two Ash shoes so you can get the general gist of the brand
.
But these are what I found during my search, and are almost as cool.
1. The Sam Edelman 'Joss' Oxford - I love the dusty color of this shoe and.. of course.. the studs. However, I am intrigued by the lack of laces and wondering if I could add my own? I don't like that there isn't any. The gunmetal color of the studs is great. It also comes in black but I feel like its a bit cliche.
2.H by Hudson Bowen Washed Buckle Side Flat Ankle Boots - While I don't like the price tag of this ankle boot, I like the idea of these with a grungy hipster outfit. Definitely would have to be for someone with a smaller foot than me, I refuse to go above a size 10 just to wear pointed toe shoes. I just couldn't bear it.
3. AllSaints Suede Stud Military Boots - WOW. I would definitely buy these in both colors (the other is a graphite). I dig the slouchy nature of them! They make me want to go explore a foreign city in a slick short sleeved blazer (like this!), some motocross skinny jeans, and these swell boots. Give me a fringed bag and geez, I would be so thrilled.
4. Sam Edelman 'Zoe' Ankle Boot - Because of my height and curvy nature I am usually hesitant to wear heels. I tend to come off as a giant. These are fabulous regardless and if they were on sale I would probably consider buying them, but since they are almost the same price as my beloved Ash boots I say "No way, Jose".

1 comment:

  1. number four is killer! i wish i could pull off shoes like that because if i could I WOULD. :)

    ReplyDelete